MPI Architects is committed to design with relationships, excellence with humor and collaboration with diversity.
MPI Architects began in the mid-1930's when Malcolm McCune, AIA moved from Kansas to practice architecture in Tulsa, OK. During the 1940's, McCune's two sons, Murray and Gordon joined their father to form McCune, McCune and McCune, an Architectural/Engineering firm. They had established themselves as a leader in residential and commercial design throughout Oklahoma.
During the mid 1950's, the McCune brothers left their father's firm to begin their own practice, McCune McCune and Associates. The firm focused on design of commercial and educational facilities, plus development of commercial and industrial projects.
Murray McCune passed away in 1977 and the firm reorganized and added three new principals: Jon Crowdus, David Kindred and Randy Bauer. Hence, MPI Architects was formed.
MPI Architects grew to nearly 100 employees and expanded further by opening a satellite office in Dallas in 1983. During 1986, the Dallas office became an independent entity and its staff assumed complete ownership of MPI Architects.
The original principals of MPI Architects Texas office were Randy Bauer, Davis McCune, David Marsee and Dennis DeLisse. Today, over 40 years after the Dallas office opened, MPI Architects continues its tradition of excellence as a leader in architecture, planning and interior design.